Unit 4 - Task 1a Producing a digital audio recording - Aim C


You must use appropriate equipment to produce audio recordings. Your recordings must be creative and clear.
-
For my audio recording I will need the appropriate equipment to record, so what I will be using is my own microphone which is a very HD great quality microphone called the Blue Yeti Microphone - Stereo - Midnight Blue. With this microphone I will be recording my audio in a small sound proof room, or anywhere quiet enough to record audio and pick up the best audio, because I will also be using my own Pop filter on my microphone so I can have the best audio quality possible. Also, with my blue yeti microphone it's directionality of the microphone isOmnidirectional, Unidirectional, Bidirectional and this is very useful, because it allows me to record audio all around the microphone by changing the setting on the little turning wheel on the microphone to choose which direction you want the audio to be recorded at; in the front only, the back, the sides only, all over or just back and front. 
You must use two different acoustic environments when recording your audio work, for example from:
  • film
  • TV
  • game soundtrack
  • news radio broadcast
  • studio discussion.
  • or other
For this I will be recording two different sound tracks in two different locations, such as in a sound proof room (indoors) and then I'll record another one outside; for my first audio I will be recording my friend singing and then I will edit it so it's like odd, and meme-ish and this recording will be done inside. This audio can be used for like a YouTube video or film for comedy as a joke insulting the actual song 'NAV - myself'. I will also make another recording of something which can be used for a game soundtrack such as beat boxing or something and I will record this in a more open area like outside or in a room with a lot of echo, so the audios acoustic changes and then I will edit it on the software later. And with all my recordings I will ensure they're clear in first recording, but in the editing it may make some parts unclear as when I add effects, because this will show that the audio is edited.


You must then put your planning into practice to produce your audio recordings. You will undertake the recording of your audio products using the following stages:
  • source, connect and test recording equipment
  • conduct sound level check
  • start recorder
  • cue contributor
  • record audio
  • log recordings
  • import audio to editing application
  • edit recording
  • Export recorded audio to CD or other play out format.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros & Cons of a CV, Portfolio & Showreel

Advertisement Analysis

Shocking second a day - TASK ANALYSIS