Focus Group Video Feedback / Written Report






Evaluation:
In my focus group I had presented my three ideas; gaming, music and religion for the three magazines I will be making. We have filmed this to provide evidence of my focus groups feedback of my three magazine ideas and we filmed it in the editing sweet.  This will help me to plan and present for my final task in learning main A. My purpose was mainly so we could have a two way discussion about our ideas and receive feedback and get our overall chosen idea.
I did my focus group with the following other students; Nassim, Reece, Latisha & Neset.
And, I did my presentation for my ideas first, and the chosen idea was gaming and then, Leticia went up and her chosen idea out of Hairstyle, Gossip & Fitness was Hairstyle because everyone in the group chat believed her idea was very unique. After Leticia, up came Neset and his chosen idea out of Music, fashion and diet was Fashion because they believed it a big industry and his idea can be successful, since it's something new and helping smaller brands is seemed as generous and clever. After Neset came Nassim and his chosen idea out of Gaming, Tv Gossip & Music rappers was gaming because his idea for gaming was GTA V, a very successful game  in the gaming distribution and gaming is a big industry too. Also, because there are not many GTA v magazines around, so it was thought as a potential successful idea. Finally, after Nassim it was Reece's presentation and for his chosen idea out of 'Music, gaming and cars' was Music because they believed music magazine would reach out to wider audience.
-



From the focus group my chosen idea was "Gaming", this was because most of the students in my focus group had chosen gaming since the idea I had based it around would be very successful, since it's a new game and not many people have made the same idea as mine. I had included my questionnaires to provide evidence about which idea was chosen as well amongst other class mates. The purpose for my magazine is so I can get gamers who are interested in Fortnite or who are new to Fortnite to buy my magazine and so they can use my magazine as a guide for the new updates etc. This allowed my magazine to be successful during presentation, as it will allocate it's niche audience which is also proven through the questionnaire because I've set my main audience to gamers - and teenagers, creating my niche audience and allowing me to focus my magazine only on this type of audience.  I believe they had also chosen gaming as my main idea because it has the niche target audience aspects and this therefore, allows my magazine to be more successful as it sets it market to once focused group; being teenagers and gamers and as gaming industry is huge, it will advertise it self across to all billions of gamers around the world; especially with the magazines main point of focus being a new game, Fortnite, ruled by millions of teenagers playing and even more and more players keep joining. However, this conflicts my idea of niche because even celebrities and adults play the game too and they're new so they are most likely to be looking for tips and tricks, so it therefore helps me even more, although it goes pass the main target audience but, it still keeps it purpose. This idea was chosen over the other two ideas because it fits a niche target audience, as the game is a new game for these gamers. Regarding with the other two ideas not being chosen, was because there was too much similar magazines for music and religion was less appealing to audiences.  In my focus group I addressed my platform and purpose towards my audience because  Overall, this is why gaming was my main chosen idea, especially because the people in my focus group agreed on this and said majority of this as it's true; that millions of people play the game and gaming is a big industry, therefore making this the best magazine idea to choose. And, there was no suggestions for changes towards my magazine.
-




My other two ideas was not chosen because they believe my gaming magazine would be more successful than my music or religion, as gaming has a big industry and so does music, but gaming crosses between everyone and especially with this game, it crosses between all platforms and through all age groups, making it a better choice than music as music may set to only a certain group and different artists/songs set to one target audience. And, gaming keeps growing in the community and over millions of people play games, and the games keep updating and become better every day.
Religion. Religion was less chosen than music and gaming because it's considered as less attracted and it was just a lot people preferred my gaming idea over religion. Music was not chosen but had more attraction than religion because in my questionnaire people chose music as a few enjoyed my idea and the fact that I would include public audiences chosen artists every new magazine. But, the main reason it was not chosen was because it's seemed a very big industry and again, people just preferred my gaming magazine instead.


---



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros & Cons of a CV, Portfolio & Showreel

Advertisement Analysis

Shocking second a day - TASK ANALYSIS